top of page
Aktuelle Veranstaltungen

current events

“Sabiona - The Sacred Mountain"

 

Anniversary project 25 years Cultural Property Association Klausen e.O.

As a continuation of the digital tour through the old town ofStealThe Klausen Cultural Heritage Association is realizing another course to Säben in cooperation with the Burgenstraße Südtirol and the Klausen Tourism Cooperative. Starting from the Säben entrance to the Holy Cross Church, the most important stages of Säben's rich history are explained with an audio guide in the three national languages and in English.

Numerous names such as “Holy Mountain”, “Cradle of Christianity in Tyrol”, “Acropolis of Tyrol” testify to the importance of the place. Visible from afar, the striking castle hill with its numerous churches is an important landmark for the thousands of travelers on the Brenner motorway and the railway. For many believers it is a popular place of pilgrimager the Klausner*innen a valued local recreation area. What is considered a popular photo opportunity also needs to be experienced. This digital adventure provides interesting insights for everyone, from near and far.

With the “Culture in Hand” project in 2012, the Klausen Cultural Heritage Association offered a very innovative, modern opportunity for the time to get to know the past of the city of Klausen through QR codes on historic buildings. In this sense, the planned project is certainly a welcome expansion of the offering. 

The cultural property association takes on all tasks of content design, organization and coordination. 

IMG_1377.jpeg
IMG_1379_edited.jpg

Lecture and book presentation 

 

in cooperation with the Klausen City Library

Hartmann O. Wirth

March 21, 2024

“Tyrolean dialect dictionary

"A Work not only for today, but also for future generations are interested in the language of their ancestors. Vocabulary and pronunciation in everyday conversation are currently changing rapidly.

In this book you will find explanations of over 75,000 locations and thousands of everyday expressions. Hartmann O. Wirth has spent many years researching the meaning and origin of dialectal names in everyday Tyrolean usage. The results of this research are collected in this book."

Info Verlag_edited_edited_edited.jpg
H. Wirth.JPG

Annual general meeting

April 20, 2024

with lecture by Dr. von Hohenbühel

"The customs files of Klausen - glimpses through the centuries"

 

The history of Klausen is essentially linked to the prince-bishop's customs office. The Brixen Court Archives keep numerous files from that time. Dr. Alexander von Hohenbühel will be with us this evening

Provide insight into the inventory. Exciting and interesting details await us.

20161210_144106-1 (2)_edited.jpg

Restoration of the Mount of Olives scene

 

The sculpture shows Jesus on the Mount of Olives, the angel giving him a cuph holds out and the sleeping disciples. In the background, Jerusalem stretches out under a cloudy sky. Judas and his henchmen enter the gate.
The masterly
Relief was made around 1600 by an unknown artist. Stylistically it belongs to the late Gothic period.

Visit: freely accessible, the wooden sculpture is on the outside of the parish church to the right of the side portal

 

P1080207.jpeg

Open Monument Day

Bad Froy

 

July 2024

The Malgrei Faray in the Gufidaun district was mentioned in documents as early as 1233. There is no evidence of a healing spring or a bath for this time, but there is a legend according to which Saint Theobald spent a time as a hermit here and was healed of an ailment by the healing water. Although Theobald († 1066) may never have actually been in Tyrol, the founding legend makes him the patron saint of Bad Froy, and the chapel built there is dedicated to him. 
The first mention of a padmaister on Frayen dates from 1547, a picture of the complex from 1654 from the old chapel shows a bathhouse to the left of the stream, near the iron spring, and a chapel to the right of the Froyer stream. Increasing numbers of visitors - around five hundred a year in the mid-19th century - led to the expansion of the bathhouse, which now spanned the stream; However, in 1867 it was destroyed by a landslide, killing seven people. The new building, which was started soon after this catastrophe, was built to the right of the watercourse. In 1899, the then owner sold the bath to the Gufidaun curate Stanislaus Schmid, who sold it to the Neustift Abbey in 1904. The new owners had the access road expanded, the buildings enlarged and a new chapel built. With 800 to 1,000 spa guests every year, Bad Froy reached its final heyday at the beginning of the 20th century. Paying visitors were accommodated in the large guest houses (left in the picture), while the less wealthy public stayed for little money in the so-called farmhouse (right, now demolished), where meals could be prepared in a large communal kitchen from the supplies they had brought with them. There are several springs near Bad Froy (iron spring, sulfur spring, stomach spring), whose water was used for drinking cures for stomach and intestinal ailments, for anemia or for bathing cures for rheumatism, sterility and abdominal problems. The bath was popular with both the rural population and the middle class. After the First World War, however, the number of visitors fell continuously, the operation became unprofitable and finally ceased. In 1946 the building complex was taken over by the Jesuit order, which used it as a summer retreat for its novices for several years. A voluntary association in Bad Froy has been offering summer stays and courses for young people since the 1980s.

Photo: Planinschek

1006918_Adm_August_2018_edited.jpg
bottom of page